John Oliver is undoubtly one of the funniest people on TV right now, but what exactly makes him so funny? Is it the fact that he can teach us about politics and important international news while keeping us entertained? Is it his blatant willingness to be censored, which results in constant and hilarious blurring and beeping of his actions? Or is it the fact that he simply doesn’t give a flying f**k?
Our guess is that his general awesomeness can be attributed to all of those facts. John Oliver has both a sense of humor and tough skin that is unmatched by other journalists, comedic or not. We fell in love with him again recently after his #makedonalddrumpfagain video, which went super viral after airing.
That wasn’t John’s only golden moment though, check out some of our favorite moments from his show below!
1. When he took on Donald Trump.
2. And celebrated Trump’s ancestral name.
3. When he perfectly summed up New Year’s Eve.
4. When he described Ireland:
5. And Canada:
6. When he bravely traveled to Russia to interview Edward Snowden.
7. And asked all the important questions about the NSA’s spying capabilities.
8. When he opened up on his teenage life.
9. When he gave us all a lesson in geography.
10. When he shut down global warming deniers.
11. When he boasted of his fame back in his home country.
12. When he perfectly summed up mental healthcare in America.
13. When he made a great comparison of Sepp Blatter’s 90 day FIFA suspension.
14. When he mocked New Zealand MP Steven Joyce getting hit in the face with a dildo.
15. When he made a passionate plea, complete with unicorn, for Scotland to remain in the UK.
16. When he described a hug like this:
17. When he had this great reaction to a Pop Tart commercial:
18. When he mocked the pumpkin craze.